Demonstrations at OFC/NFOEC showcase the company's commitment to developing products for future bandwidth-intensive communications systems
Molex Incorporated will showcase its high-speed and passive interconnect solutions by conducting multiple system demonstrations and exhibiting a range of products at OFC/NFOEC, March 6-8, booth 2211. In addition, the company's passive and active optics experts will be discussing Molex's comprehensive portfolio of industry-leading, end-to-end high-speed interconnect solutions that are designed for next-generation applications and offering a high speed I/O Roadmap handout.
- 4 x 25 Gbps Transceiver: In its booth (2211), Molex experts will demonstrate a 4 x 25 Gbps solution consisting of four lanes of high-speed differential signals with data rates from 25 Gbps. The system will utilize Molex's silicon photonics transceiver developed with Luxtera, which provides less expensive, reliable transport for aggregated data rates up to 100 Gbps.
- 28 Gbps Very Short Reach (VSR): Molex will partner with Altera Corporation, Luxtera and Gennum Corporation to demonstrate interoperability of a 28 Gbps Very Short Reach interconnect solution. The demonstrations, which take place in both the Gennum booth (1855) and Optical Internetworking Forum booth (713), will test the 28 Gbps transmission technology over 2Km of singlemode fiber utilizing Molex's silicon photonics-based transceiver and zQSFP+ Interconnect System.
- 14 Gbps Fourteen Date Rate (FDR): Molex will partner with Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation in a technology demonstration of energy efficient 14 Gbps connectivity for cost-sensitive, high-density data center applications. Featuring Vitesse's new VSC7224 quad adaptive channel extender and Molex's FDR QSFP+ AOCs, the connectivity solution solves data center issues at 20% lower power than competitive solutions. The demonstration will take place in the Vitesse booth, Corporate Village Room 2157, by appointment only.
Products on Display
- VersaBeam™ POD Cable Assemblies: The first to meet Telcordia GR-1435 environmental specifications, the assemblies are available in 1.80 mm round and bare ribbon-fiber versions and mate to the top of Avago Technologies' MicroPOD† and MiniPOD† parallel optic modules, providing simple assembly and high-packing densities.
- MediSpec™ Hybrid Circular MT Cable and Receptacle System: Provides an integrated optical and electrical solution that reduces the number of connectors required in medical equipment and devices.
- Optical EMI Adapters: Molex will display its extensive line of LC, SC and MPO Optical EMI adapters, which address mechanical-design requirements limiting EMI and Radio Frequency Interference emissions through equipment front panels or enclosures.
- Ruggedized Fiber Optic Interconnects and Cable Assemblies: Ideal for remote radio head, oil and gas exploration, mining communications and military and shipboard applications, Molex high-density optical interconnects include: Quick Mate Duplex LC Connectors; Optical Industrial Cable Assemblies and Adapters including LC Duplex, SC and MPO; LC2+ Metal Optical Connectors and Standard Military Cable Assemblies including the 38999- and 28876-style circular connector cable assemblies.
- Optical Backplane Interconnects: Molex will showcase several optical backplane interconnects including the HBMT™ MT High Density Backplane Interconnect System, BLC™ LC Backplane Connector System, BSC™/BSCII™ SC Backplane Connector System, MTP‡-CPI Coplanar Optical Backplane Connector System and FlexPlane™ optical flex circuit for fiber management solutions.
To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register/.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is www.molex.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated.
* InfiniBand is a trademark of the InfiniBand Trade Association
† MicroPOD and MiniPOD are trademarks of Avago Technologies
‡ MTP is a registered trademark of US Conec Ltd.
Outlook Marketing Services
Christa Carroll, 630-922-6995
Larry Wegner, 630-527-2650