EL SEGUNDO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/08/11 -- Fuhu, Inc., maker of Nabi, the world's first, full-featured Android tablet and platform made especially for kids, announced today that sales of Nabi have outpaced initial expectations, selling out the entire pre-order Nabi stock less than three weeks after becoming available on Toysrus.com. Following the likes of record-breaking entertainment releases such as Call of Duty®, Nabi pre-order sales created a big splash in the "Kiddified" electronics arena.
As a result of the overwhelmingly positive response to Nabi, Fuhu's focus has shifted to increasing its manufacturing production in a very short amount of time in an effort to bring more Nabi tablets to Toys"R"Us® stores and Toysrus.com nationwide in time for the holidays.
In the short time Nabi has been available for pre-order on Toysrus.com, it has already ranked as a No. 1 Top Seller in the Electronics and Entertainment category, as well as a No.1 Top Rated product in the Learning category and a No. 1 rated Customer Favorite product.
"We created Nabi to fill a void in the tablet space and provide children with an unparalleled and engaging experience that was custom made for them," said Jim Mitchell, CEO of Fuhu, Inc. "Nabi is reimagining the tablet -- it's no longer just for adults -- and we're heartened to see just how excited adults and children alike are about Nabi."
Nabi delivers a wide range of enriching experiences designed to foster imagination, discovery and learning. It's everything you want it to be:
- It's a game console, and comes pre-loaded with several popular games, including Angry Birds, Need for Speed and Fruit Ninja
- It's a movie theater, allowing kids to immerse themselves in a best-in-class, multi-media experience -- easily loading content and streaming movies via Netflix or Roxio
- It's a university, blending Nabi with Fooz Kids University, an award-winning math learning program that includes more than 22,000 common core, state standardized math curriculum skills for Pre-K through 5th grade
- It's a library, offering hundreds of children's books from award-winning authors, as well as read-a-long technology that features word highlighting and audio playback
- It's an art studio that helps kids explore their artistic side through several apps that let them draw, paint, create and enhance creativity
- It grows with you, allowing kids to choose from more than 500 apps, games and other content from the Nabi App Store
- It's a Great Value, coming pre-loaded with 15 free games, 30 free books and 50 free songs from the Laurie Berkner Band, while also including superb performance features ranging from a front-facing camera and capacitive multi-touch display to Flash support and WiFi b/g
Fuhu, Inc., creators of the Nabi Pad, Fooz Kids, and urDrive, is a leading provider of cloud-served software, applications, and services that are dedicated to creating deep and engaging user experiences on a range of consumer devices. Products include urDrive, a preloaded software solution on select Kingston USB Flash Drives that provides "follow me" content; Spinlets Plus, a global PC and Android cloud-served music solution; and Fooz Kids, a downloadable application that kiddifies your computer with apps, controlled by parents. Fuhu's most recent unveiling is the Nabi tablet -- a full-featured Android tablet and platform, made especially for kids, available exclusively at Toys"R"Us. For more information, visit www.fuhu.com, www.nabitablet.com, and www.foozkids.com.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine