June 21st webinar to demonstrate LSI's recognition journey: How a culture of recognition is creating a great place to work
When LSI Corporation renewed its focus on becoming a "Great Place to Work," the company's human resources department turned to Globoforce®, the world's leading provider of employee recognition solutions. In a June 21st webinar, the two companies will reveal how over the past nine months, Globoforce is helping bring LSI, a semiconductor and software designer with nearly 5,000 employees, closer to achieving this goal and building a culture of recognition.
"At LSI, our core values are really important to our culture, and we wanted a way for all employees to recognize and reinforce those values," said Katie Scott, director of global compensation, LSI Corporation. "With our partner Globoforce, we empower our employees to live our corporate values every day by having recognition embedded within our culture. In just nine months with our new recognition program, we have experienced more positive engagement and a new energy across the company."
To support the Company's goals around culture as a vehicle for employee engagement and performance, LSI was looking to find a new, global solution that would reinforce core values by recognizing and rewarding behaviors that aligned to them. Globoforce continues to help LSI build a recognition process that drives results through:
- Peer-to-peer recognition: The program that Globoforce helped establish increased the visibility of recognition with a social newsfeed and frequent feedback across the entire workforce. To date, the recognition received has increased from 35 percent to 75 percent of active employees.
- Alignment with core values: By identifying criteria for awards and aligning recognition to LSI's core values (Customer Success, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Individual Responsibility), the recognition program reinforces behaviors that drive business success and enhance culture.
- Training and program support: Through manager training on the importance of recognition and video and email communication with executive sponsorship, Globoforce supported the introduction of a new program and helped LSI achieve a three-fold increase in employee participation.
- Meaningful recognition: The program introduced a multi-level gift-card-based award system that placed less focus on cash and more emphasis on choice and meaningful rewards. Globoforce and LSI worked together to increase the frequency and reach of employees receiving recognition. In fact, the program reached nearly 900 awards in the first 30 days.
"Leading organizations are moving towards a more bottom-up recognition and rewards system to motivate employees and improve performance," said Derek Irvine, vice president of client strategy and consulting, Globoforce. "LSI is a great example of how any company can reinvigorate their program in a strategic way to impact culture and company success through frequent recognition that is tied to performance."
To learn more about how LSI created a culture of recognition, sign up for the June 21st 2012 webinar with Globoforce's Derek Irvine and LSI's Katie Scott at 3:00 p.m. ET by registering at http://www.globoforce.com/the_LSI_success_story_webinar.
Founded in 1999, Globoforce is the world's leading provider of employee recognition solutions. Through its social, mobile, and global technology, Globoforce helps HR and business leaders elevate employee engagement, increase employee retention, manage company culture, and discover actionable insight about their talent. Today, employees across the world are living their company values and achieving peak performance through the SaaS-based Globoforce platform. A private corporation, Globoforce is co-headquartered in Southborough, Massachusetts, and Dublin, Ireland.
To learn more:
- Visit: http://www.globoforce.com
- Read: http://globoforce.com/globoblog
- Twitter @Globoforce
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/globoforce
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/globoforce
Globoforce Public Relations
Kevin Mullins, +1 508-229-1543
Candace Lyons, +1 617-779-1812