The new generation of TICO cores compresses ultra-high-definition 8K video combined with Ultra-High Density and Low Power Consumption for FPGA and ASIC
intoPIX, a leading provider of innovative compression technology, today announces new TICO compression IP-cores managing 8K resolutions. The cores offer unique performances at a very light implementation cost for handling HD, 4K and 8K content. The technology is particularly suitable for reducing bandwidth and preserving image quality without any delay in new 8K applications.
The new intoPIX cores have been successfully implemented by several AV equipment manufacturers to support next-generation broadcasting services. They enable the industry to simplify the management of Live 8K video production using today's cost-effective IP networks or SDI infrastructure. TICO compression is today the most flexible choice to manage the colossal bandwidth requirements and to simplify the interface complexity for transporting uncompressed 8K video.
New TICO UHD8K IP-cores Features Include
- Support of 8K and UltraHD 8K video at frame rates up to 60p
- Support 4:2:2 workflows up to 10bit (other modes will be available in future releases)
- Smallest Intel Xilinx FPGA footprint (no external DDR)
- Best quality up to 5:1 compression (from Mathematically lossless to Visually Lossless)
- Few pixel lines of latency (less than 1 milliseconds end-to-end)
- Free downscaler to decode 4K resolution from 8K TICO source without any additional processing
- TICO 8K IP-cores are now fully available for integration by manufacturers.
Targeted 8K applications includes:
- Zero latency Transport of high-quality 8K signal towards 10 GbE and 25 GbE IP networks.
- Zero latency Transport of high-quality 8K signal towards a single 12G-SDI.
- 8K/VR/AR/360° video capture and transmission
"The release of the TICO UHD 8K cores represents also a real breakthrough, delivering cost-effective high frame rate 8K up to 60p for building several advanced 8K products, including new HDMI 2.1 extensions solutions over IP networks" said Jean-Baptiste Lorent, Marketing Director, intoPIX.
Visitors to NAB Show (April 22-27, 2017) in Las Vegas can learn more at intoPIX stand C8526.
intoPIX is an innovative technology provider of compression, image processing, and security solutions to audiovisual equipment manufacturers. We are passionate about offering people a higher quality image experience and have developed FPGA IP-cores and software tools that enable leading edge TICO and JPEG2000 compression, security, and video over IP and hardware enforcement. More information on our company, customers, and products can be found on www.intopix.com.
Raiffa Lanove, +3210238470