ANAHEIM, Calif., May 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --Anaheim City School District is making significant improvements to several elementary schools in the district with the voters' passage of Proposition BB and Measure G. BCA Architects was selected to update the district's long-range master plan, setting the stage for the future purchase of land for construction of two new elementary schools, the teardown and rebuild of two existing schools, the addition of new two-story buildings to five sites, and the full modernization of three sites over the next 20 years. Additionally, BCA Architects was selected as Architects of Record for four of the projects to immediately begin implementation of the master plan:
Lincoln Elementary School Reconstruction ($25.5 Million Construction Cost)
- After a life cycle cost analysis was prepared by BCA Architects, the Anaheim School District made the decision to tear down and replace this 1950s-era school.
- In an effort to resolve many of the challenges with the current site, BCA Architects designed the school as a two-story campus in order to minimize the building's footprint and maximize the outdoor play space on the five-acre site that is to house 1,000 students.
- The mix of traditional Mission and contemporary design subtly reflects the District's identity and majority Latino population with a modern twist that exemplifies their progressive goals towards sustainability and 21st Century Learning Environments.
"I am proud to be the Principal of this newly reconstructed school," said Tammie Ledesma, principal, Lincoln Elementary School. "It is a stunning design that will help our amazing faculty continue to deliver the high-quality learning to our students of the District for the next 50-70 years." Construction is scheduled for completion by December 2012.
According to Jose Banda, Superintendent of Schools, "BCA Architects' design is outstanding. They have created an outstanding learning environment that is safe while bringing innovation into our schools. I particularly like the sense of community their design creates such as the well-landscaped public plaza in front of the administration building which will allow for before and after school gatherings for students, staff, and parents of our District."
Other projects BCA Architects are designing for the District includes:
- Marshall Elementary School Reconstruction ($29 Million Construction Cost)
- Edison Elementary School - Portable to Permanent replacement project; 20 classrooms, 2-story building ($10 Million Construction Cost)
- Barton Elementary School Modernization ($6.5 Million Construction Cost)
"It is an incredible honor to be working in such a collaborative and transparent manner with the Anaheim City School District and the Anaheim Community on these extraordinary projects," said Paul Bunton, AIA, and president of BCA Architects. "The Superintendent, District Administration and Board all have the incredible foresight to invest in the learning environments of their students which clearly demonstrates their commitment to their students and community. It also shows their full understanding that excellent facilities can greatly assist the teaching staff to increase the academic achievement of their students."
BCA Architects partners with clients in a mission to achieve excellence in design. Since 1989, BCA strives to strengthen communities through projects built whether it's to design, to help define partnerships, to locate financing, to save energy or to present alternate delivery methods. BCA goes above and beyond the task at hand to ensure their clients succeed. For more information, visit: http://www.bcaarchitects.com.
Rachel Del Fierro
(408) 588-3835 or RachelD@bcaarchitects.com
This press release was issued through eReleases(R). For more information, visit eReleases Press Release Distribution at http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE BCA Architects