Technavio has been monitoring the retail market in China and it is poised to grow by USD 1420.30 billion during 2021-2025, progressing at a CAGR of almost 10% during the forecast period. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210121005900/en/
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Retail Market in China 2021-2025 (Graphic: Business Wire)
Click Get a Free sample report in minutes
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to transform the growth of various industries, however, the immediate impact of the outbreak is varied. While a few industries will register a drop in demand, numerous others will continue to remain unscathed and show promising growth opportunities. COVID-19 will have a high impact on the retail market in China. The market growth in 2021 is likely to increase compared to the market growth in 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Based on segmentation by the product, which is the leading segment in the market?
Food and beverages are the leading segments in the market.
- What are the major trends in the market?
Value-added services are the major trends in the market.
- At what rate is the market projected to grow?
The market is projected to accelerate at a CAGR of almost 10%.
- Who are the top players in the market?
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., China Resources Ng Fung Co. Ltd., CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd., E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc., GOME Retail Holdings Ltd., JD.com Inc., Sun Art Retail Group Ltd., Suning Holdings Group, Walmart Inc., Yonghui Supermarket Co. Ltd. are the top players in the market.
- What are the key market drivers and challenges?
The market is driven by the premiumization of products. However, the rampant counterfeiting in the premium segment will challenge growth.
Related Reports on Consumer Discretionary Include:
Global Smart Retail Market- The smart retail market is segmented by solution (hardware and software) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
Global Automotive E-retail Market- The automotive e-retail market is segmented by product (passenger cars and two-wheelers) and geography (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America). Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
Buy 1 Technavio report and get the second for 50% off. Buy 2 Technavio reports and get the third for free.
View market snapshot before purchasing
The market is fragmented, and the degree of fragmentation will accelerate during the forecast period. Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., China Resources Ng Fung Co. Ltd., CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd., E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc., GOME Retail Holdings Ltd., JD.com Inc., Sun Art Retail Group Ltd., Suning Holdings Group, Walmart Inc., and Yonghui Supermarket Co. Ltd. are some of the major market participants. Although the premiumization of products offers immense growth opportunities, factors such as rampant counterfeiting in the premium segment are likely to pose a challenge for the market vendors. In a bid to help players strengthen their market foothold, this retail market in China forecast report provides a detailed analysis of the leading market vendors. The report also empowers industry honchos with information on the competitive landscape and insights into the different product offerings offered by various companies.
Technavio's custom research reports offer detailed insights on the impact of COVID-19 at an industry level, a regional level, and subsequent supply chain operations. This customized report will also help clients keep up with new product launches in direct indirect COVID-19 related markets, upcoming vaccines and pipeline analysis, and significant developments in vendor operations and government regulations.
Retail Market in China 2021-2025: Segmentation
The retail market in China is segmented as below:
- Food Beverages
- Apparel Footwear
- Home Improvement
- Consumer Electronics Appliances
- Beauty Personal Care
- Distribution Channel
To learn more about the global trends impacting the future of market research, download a free sample: https://www.technavio.com/talk-to-us?report=IRTNTR46616
Retail Market in China 2021-2025: Scope
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by the way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The retail market in China report covers the following areas:
- Retail Market in China Size
- Retail Market in China Trends
- Retail Market in China Industry Analysis
This study identifies value-added service as one of the prime reasons driving the retail market in China growth during the next few years.
Technavio suggests three forecast scenarios (optimistic, probable, and pessimistic) considering the impact of COVID-19. Technavio's in-depth research has direct and indirect COVID-19 impacted market research reports.
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports.
Technavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
Retail Market in China 2021-2025: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will assist the retail market in China growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the retail market in China size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the retail market in China
- Analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of the retail market in China vendors
Table of Contents:
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2020
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 2025
Five Forces Analysis
- Five forces summary
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Product
- Market segments
- Comparison by Product
- Food and beverages Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Apparel and Footwear Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Home improvement Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Consumer electronics and appliances Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Beauty and personal care Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Market opportunity by Product
Market Segmentation by Distribution channel
- Market segments
- Comparison by Distribution channel
- Offline Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Online Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Market opportunity by Distribution channel
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Vendor landscape
- Landscape disruption
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- China Resources Ng Fung Co. Ltd.
- CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd.
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc.
- GOME Retail Holdings Ltd.
- JD.com Inc.
- Sun Art Retail Group Ltd.
- Suning Holdings Group
- Walmart Inc.
- Yonghui Supermarket Co. Ltd.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio's report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio's comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
Media Marketing Executive
US: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200