ZEISS receives the 2012 NorthFace ScoreBoard Award for exceeding customer expectations
Carl Zeiss Meditec announced today that it has received the NorthFace ScoreBoard (NFSB) AwardSM from the Omega Management Group Corp. in recognition of achieving excellence in customer service in 2012. This is the tenth consecutive year that the company has been honored with this award.
Northface Scoreboard Award (Photo: Business Wire)
Since 2000, the award has been presented annually to companies who, as rated solely by their own customers, exceeded expectations in customer satisfaction during the prior calendar year.
For 2012, customers rated their experience and satisfaction of the company's sales managers, call center and technical support, field service, in-house repair, product installation and clinical application training. Omega's proprietary NFSB award methodology measures customer satisfaction and loyalty on a 5-point scale four times during the year. To receive the NFSB Award companies must achieve a score of 4.0 or above in all categories.
"We are honored to receive this award and thank our customers for the 10 years of recognition. This award is all the more valuable to us as our customers rate us directly on their own experiences." says Dr. Ludwin Monz, President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG. "We strongly believe that it is not enough to provide our customers with superior and innovative products, but to also deliver exceptional service and support year after year."
"While receipt of the 2012 Award is a significant achievement on its own, it is especially notable that this is the tenth consecutive year that Carl Zeiss has been honored," said John Alexander Maraganis, president CEO of Omega. "This clearly shows the company's deep commitment to exceeding their customers' expectations and to consistently delivering an exceptional customer experience."
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (ISIN: DE0005313704), which is listed on TecDax of the German stock exchange, is one of the world's leading medical technology companies. The company supplies innovative technologies and application-oriented solutions designed to help doctors improve the quality of life of their patients. It provides complete packages of solutions for the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases, including implants and consumables. The company creates innovative visualization solutions in the field of microsurgery. Carl Zeiss Meditec's medical technology portfolio is rounded off by promising, future-oriented technologies such as intraoperative radiotherapy. In fiscal year 2011/12 (ended 30 September) the company's around 2,400 employees generated revenue of just under EUR 862 million.
Carl Zeiss Meditec headquarters are located in Jena, Germany. The company has subsidiaries in Germany and abroad; more than 50 percent of its employees are based in the USA, Japan, Spain and France. The Center for Application and Research in India (CARIn) in Bangalore, India, and the Carl Zeiss Innovation Center for Research and Development in Shanghai, China, strengthen the company's presence in these fast-growing countries. Around 35 percent of Carl Zeiss Meditec shares are in free float. The remaining approx. 65% are held by Carl Zeiss AG, one of the world's leading groups in the optical and optoelectronic industries.
Carl Zeiss offers innovative solutions for the future-oriented markets of Medical and Research Solutions, Industrial Solutions, Eye Care and Lifestyle Products. Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, is fully owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation.
For more information, please go to: www.meditec.zeiss.com
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
Jann Gerrit Ohlendorf, +49 3641 220-331
Director of Corporate Communications
Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc.
Alice Swinton, +1 925-557-4317
Director Marketing Communications
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
Henriette Meyer, +49 3641 220-106
Director of Investor Relations