LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/19/13 -- POPSUGAR Inc., a global media and technology company at the intersection of content and commerce, today announced the release of POPSUGAR's new app for Android smartphones. Free from the Google Play and Samsung stores, the POPSUGAR app allows Android users to access their daily dose of everything they love, all in one place, at anytime. In addition, POPSUGAR is also available for download on iTunes, Roku, Hulu, and in the Amazon App Store.
POPSUGAR has steadily expanded its mobile capabilities and functions to provide users endless opportunities to connect with their content while on the go.
"We're excited to now deliver our content and shopping experiences across the Android and iPhone platforms, which cover nearly 90 percent of the US smartphone market," said Jen Wong, EVP, Strategy and Operations. "The new Android app ensures that you can always take POPSUGAR with you -- this means keeping up with the latest news and hottest trends, shopping on the go, and watching must-see video."
Complete with a brand-new layout, Android smartphone users can:
- Watch exclusive celebrity interviews and original video content
- Browse POPSUGAR content using fun and visual flipbook-style photo galleries
- Easily search all POPSUGAR content
- Customize their news feed and share their favorite articles with friends
- Browse and search millions of products in women's fashion and beauty, men's fashion, kids, baby, home, and living through ShopStyle
- Stay in shape with fitness how-tos and workouts
- Get inspired with new recipes, lifestyle tips, and moreExplore and download all of POPSUGAR's apps here: http://www.popsugar.com/app
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company at the intersection of content and commerce -- online, on mobile, and at your door. POPSUGAR.com is the go-to destination for the biggest moments, the hottest trends, and the best tips in entertainment, celebrity, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, and parenting. In addition to the best original lifestyle content, POPSUGAR's growing portfolio of commerce brands includes ShopStyle, the leading fashion search engine, and POPSUGAR Must Have, a monthly subscription box featuring editor-curated products. Targeting women 18-40, POPSUGAR draws over 20M users worldwide, 50M live and on-demand video views per month, and half a billion dollars in annual retail revenue. POPSUGAR Inc. is a privately held company funded by Sequoia Capital and Institutional Venture Partners, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and London. For more information, visit POPSUGAR.com and follow @POPSUGAR on Twitter.