Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE: PAC; BMV: GAP) (the "Company" or "GAP") today reported its results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012. Figures are unauditedand have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS"). All amounts are presented in nominal pesos.
Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS):
The financial information presented in this report includes the Company's first interim financial statements that are prepared and reported in accordance with IFRS guidelines. Until December 31, 2011, the Company's financial information was prepared in accordance with Mexican Financial Reporting Standards ("MEX NIF"). Consolidated financial statements as of March 31, 2012 have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards ("IAS") No. 34 "Interim Financial Reporting". Figures as of March 31, 2011 that were reported in 1Q11, were adjusted according to IFRS transition rules, therefore these figures are comparable with 1Q12 figures. (The effects of adopting IFRS are described in Exhibit "E" of this report).
Summary of First Quarter 2012 vs. First Quarter 2011:
- Total revenues in 1Q12 increased 0.3% (Ps. 3.4 million) (the sum of aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues increased 12.3%, or Ps. 119.3 million), which is higher than the guidance issued by the Company in January 2012. Aeronautical revenues increased 10.2% (Ps. 78.8 million) and non-aeronautical revenues rose 20.7% (Ps. 40.5 million) (non-aeronautical revenues include revenues from checked baggage inspection systems). These increases were offset by a decline in improvements to concession assets (IFRIC 12) of Ps. 115.9 million.
- In 1Q12, cost of services increased 16.3% (Ps. 37.7 million), mainly as a result of a Ps. 37.3 million increase in the cost of electricity, security (including costs for services related to the checked baggage inspection systems), insurance, personnel and other operating costs.
- In 1Q12, government concession taxes increased 12.1% (Ps. 5.8 million). The technical assistance feeincreased 20.5% (Ps. 6.4 million).
- Operating income increased 9.6% (Ps. 46.2 million).
- EBITDA increased 11.0% (Ps. 71.9 million), from Ps. 652.7 million in 1Q11 to Ps. 724.6 million in 1Q12. EBITDA margin increased from 52.5% in 1Q11 to 58.1% in 1Q12 (excluding the effects of IFRIC 12, the EBITDA margin declined slightly from 67.5% in 1Q11 to 66.7% in 1Q12, although higher than the guidance issued by the Company in January 2012).
- Net income and comprehensive income declined 1.8% (Ps. 7.7 million).
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V. operates twelve airports throughout Mexico's Pacific region, including the major cities of Guadalajara and Tijuana, the four tourist destinations of Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, La Paz and Manzanillo, and six mid-sized cities: Hermosillo,Guanajuato, Morelia, Aguascalientes, Mexicali and Los Mochis. In February 2006, GAP's shares were listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "PAC" and on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "GAP".
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. These statements are statements that are not historical facts, and are based on management's current view and estimates of future economic circumstances, industry conditions, company performance and financial results. The words "anticipates", "believes", "estimates", "expects", "plans" and similar expressions, as they relate to the company, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Statements regarding the declaration or payment of dividends, the implementation of principal operating and financing strategies and capital expenditure plans, the direction of future operations and the factors or trends affecting financial condition, liquidity or results of operations are examples of forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the current views of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. There is no guarantee that the expected events, trends or results will actually occur. The statements are based on many assumptions and factors, including general economic and market conditions, industry conditions, and operating factors. Any changes in such assumptions or factors could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
In accordance with Section 806 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and article 42 of the "Ley del Mercado de Valores", GAP has implemented a "whistleblower" program, which allows complainants to anonymously and confidentially report suspected activities that may involve criminal conduct or violations. The telephone number in Mexico, facilitated by a fourth party that is in charge of collecting these complaints, is 01 800 563 00 47. The web site is www.lineadedenuncia.com/gap. GAP's Audit Committee will be notified of all complaints for immediate investigation.
Follow us on Twitter:http://twitter.com/aeropuertosGAP
For the full version of this report please visit www.aeropuertosgap.com.mx
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V.
Miguel Aliaga, Investor Relations Officer
Rodrigo Guzmán, Chief Financial Officer
Tel: 52 (33) 38801100
In the U.S.:
i-advize Corporate Communications
Maria Barona / Peter Majeski
Tel: 212 406 3690