HERNDON, VA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/14 --
- Audi celebrates the uncompromised spirit of the all-new A3 with a live, crowdsourced creative event.
- Select stories will be reimagined by masters of design, technology, music, food, and film at an exclusive social experience in Santa Monica, Calif., with works of art auctioned off for charity.
- Comedian and television host Nikki Glaser will host the live webcast at audiusa.com/paidmydues.
The creativity and perseverance of the individual -- along with the uncompromised nature of the all-new Audi A3 -- will be brought to life by a group of well-known artists, musicians, designers, film directors and more at an exclusive live-streamed collaborative spectacle hosted by Audi in Santa Monica, Calif., on May 7.
Starting today, fans and enthusiasts can submit their personal stories of creativity, ingenuity and courage on Twitter, Instagram or any other social media platform using the hashtag PaidMyDues. The most inspiring stories that fit with the theme, meant to celebrate the A3's uncompromised image, will be reimagined by the diverse group of creators at the event. Comedian and television host Nikki Glaser will host the webcast, 2pm - 8pm ET on May 7th at audiusa.com/paidmydues.
"Many people have overcome insurmountable odds to reach the top of their game," said Loren Angelo, Director of Marketing, Audi of America. "This event will recognize those unsung heroes that embody the dauntless spirit of what it means to pay their dues and succeed, just as the all-new A3 refuses to compromise on top-level performance and luxury."
This diverse group of creators will set up shop for six hours in the Santa Monica Airport's Hangar 8, a unique indoor and outdoor setting which will allow them to respond in real-time to consumers who will be recognized for their willingness to "pay their dues" to attain success.
Upon the conclusion of the event, the creations produced by the creators will be auctioned off for charity through eBay Giving Works.
To submit your story of ingenuity, share your photo, video, or text with the hashtag PaidMyDues on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Vine or Google+. Stories will be aggregated on audiusa.com/paidmydues.
PaidMyDues creators include:
- Money Mark - songwriter, musician, and producer
- Oddisee - freestyle rapper and producer
- Ben Landis - electronic chiptune songwriter
- Upright Citizens Brigade Touring Company - improvisation and stand-up comedy troupe
- MADSTEEZ - graffiti artist
- Church of Type - hand-carved letterpress illustrators
- Red Medicine - award-winning chef Jordan Kahn
- Jim Mahfood - comic book creator and artist
- Sumi Ink Club - pen & ink collaborative art collective
- Gui Marcondes - filmmaker and director
- Oh Yeah Wow - animators and filmmakers
- MachineHistories - engineering and technology creators
- Lisa Hanawalt - illustrator and comic artist
- Alex Turvey - designer, filmmaker, and one of London's top fashion creatives
- Dam-Funk - modern soul and electro-funk DJ
Watch the teaser here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR8_d9RlvD4
In March, Audi debuted the "Dues" advertising campaign to support the launch of the all-new Audi A3 sedan. The campaign features well-known, fearless individuals who are known for paying their dues to attain success, including: comedian Ricky Gervais, celebrity chef David Chang, internationally-acclaimed photojournalist Lynsey Addario, comedian Kristen Schaal, gold medal winning boxer Claressa Shields, street artists Cyrcle, and inner city church choir Voices of Destiny.
The Audi A3 family breaks the boundaries and raises the bar as to what is expected out of entry-level luxury vehicles. The A3 marks the first time that an A-segment vehicle will offer MMI® technology, Audi drive select, 4G LTE connectivity and Bang & Olufsen® audio.
The all-new Audi A3 lineup begins with the A3 sedan, on sale now. The A3 sedan plays a pivotal role in the soon to be expanding Audi A3 family and will be priced from a base MSRP of $29,900. It will be joined later in the fall of 2014 by the Audi A3 Cabriolet, A3 TDI clean diesel sedan, the high-performance S3 sedan and in early 2015, the A3 Sportback e-tron® gasoline electric plug-in hybrid (PHEV).
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. The Audi Group delivered 1,575,500 vehicles to customers globally in 2013, and broke all-time company sales records for the 4th straight year in the U.S. Through 2018, AUDI AG will invest about $30 billion on new products, facilities and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine