Latest Software from Nuance Offers Enhanced Functionality and Customization Options For Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE Lineup
With businesses and IT professionals across the country seeking to uncover and reduce the costs associated with managing information and improving information security, Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging, today announced the availability of the Nuance® eCopy® ShareScan® 5 document automation software application. Featuring an array of user-friendly functions, eCopy ShareScan 5 adds innovative, personalized scan and workflow features, including automated document and forms processing – allowing office workers the ability to turn paper into automated digital information.
eCopy ShareScan 5 takes full advantage of the capabilities of Canon's imageRUNNER ADVANCE multifunction products and imageFORMULA ScanFront 220e/220eP scanning solutions by giving knowledge workers the flexibility to automate repeatable business activities by extracting the important information contained on paper and processing it electronically through the appropriate back-end system.
"With many businesses seeking new ways to reduce costs and improve productivity, Canon is pleased to offer the latest version of eCopy ShareScan 5," said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. "As a result of Canon's long-term relationship with Nuance, the new version achieves a deep integration with Canon's office solutions resulting in greater ease-of-use and more efficient end-user performance for our customers."
eCopy ShareScan 5 key features include:
- Automatic data extraction from paper-based forms and processing directly into back-end systems via the eCopy Forms Processing Extender, with unlimited page-processing
- Advanced document routing capabilities utilizing the improved Quick Connect and Barcode Routing Extender
- An enhanced eCopy Document Conversion Extender, with OmniPage OCR that increases accuracy and allows users to convert paper into fully-formatted Microsoft Word and Excel documents, as well as searchable PDF files, and have them delivered to the desktop or back-end application directly from the imageRUNNER ADVANCE device panel
- Customizable, intuitive user interface with personal scanning profiles that follow users from device to device via authentication
- New eCopy PDF Pro Office desktop software with scan-to-desktop InBox and direct connectivity to content management systems, including Microsoft® SharePoint® and EMC Documentum.
The new eCopy ShareScan 5 also adds a variety of tools aimed at speeding and simplifying deployment across enterprises utilizing a mix of eCopy ScanStation, imageFORMULA ScanFront or MEAP-enabled imageRUNNER devices. Administrator features include:
- Innovative Visual Workflow Designer that enables rapid customization of menus on MEAP-enabled devices
- Configure and test workflow buttons prior to fleet deployment with the new workflow simulator fleet
- Redesigned and expanded administrative user-interface with device and user group profile management
- New highly scalable, fault-resilient and easy-to-maintain three-tier architecture that separates processing and data management
- Script-free dynamic connectors
- Improved system activity reporting with graphical interpretation
- Simplified eCopy license management
In addition to its enhanced functionality, eCopy ShareScan 5 offers customers ranging from small businesses to enterprise organizations, greater access and flexibility with the following new package offerings:
eCopy ShareScan Suite
As the flagship offering among the eCopy product lineup, eCopy ShareScan Suite provides Canon MFP customers with a powerful "scan-to-process" solution. A user can scan, extract, classify, index and convert paper information into digital information that flows effortlessly into, and through, the electronic channels of their business, allowing them to start and finish their everyday tasks directly from their device. This offeringis ideal for those customers that want to utilize the latest document processing capabilities. In addition to the core scan and distribution functionality, and a single seat of eCopy PDF Pro Office desktop software, eCopy ShareScan Suite includes the eCopy Document Extender and Forms Processing Excenter, and lets users select up to three eCopy Connectors to back-end systems.
eCopy ShareScan Office
Ideal for the general office for everyday document collaboration and archival, eCopy ShareScan Office allows users to move hard-copy documents into electronic office workflows with ease. They can simply integrate that paper-based information with their back-end repository alleviating the burden of manually re-keying information or filing paper documents. eCopy ShareScan Office includes the core "Scan To" functionality, one seat of eCopy PDF Pro Office desktop software and gives users the choice of one Connector. Additional Connectors and Document Extenders are available for purchase.
Designed for customers who value the kiosk configuration that includes the ergonomic ScanStand with full-size keyboard, mouse pad, and 10.5" color LCD touch screen, eCopy ScanStation includes the eCopy ShareScan Suite software configuration, but does not include eCopy PDF ProOffice or other desktop software applications.
eCopy ShareScan Elements
This new package is designed for large customers who wish to deploy eCopy ShareScan throughout the enterprise. eCopy ShareScan Elements delivers a core scanning platform for an entire workplace, along with the flexibility to add or upgrade functionality when needed.
eCopy ShareScan 5 is available immediately through Canon Authorized Dealers. For more information visit www.usa.canon.com.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2009†, with global revenues of US $35 billion and is listed as number six in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies 2010 list. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei – "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future" – Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Prices, specifications and availability subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual resellers and may vary.
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Patrick MacElroy, 516-327-8495
Siobhan Cullagh, 516-328-4602
Canon U.S.A. website:
For sales information/customer support: