Today's executives find travel to be a necessary inconvenience but one that can be made more comfortable and productive given a high level of service.
What do business travelers rank worst and best about their experiences on the road? A survey of its more than 3,000 clients, in 600+ cities in 75 countries around the world, conducted by Vitesse Worldwide reveals the following:
What Executive Travelers Rate as Worst:
* Herd-like, impersonal treatment by travel and lodging staff. Executives are not made to feel as individuals but as names and numbers in a database.
* Overly intrusive security systems that are dehumanizing, disrespectful, time-consuming and often embarrassing. What is said to be "customer service" is often more like a battle and a test of wills.
* Steerage-like treatment aboard commercial airlines. Even first class accommodations are often tiny, dirty, spartan and devoid of all the up-to-date electronic conveniences.
* Angry, abusive and disinterested staff, from limousine drivers to flight attendants.
* Frequent flight cancellations and delays.
What Executive Travelers Rate High on their Lists:
* A concierge service armed with the knowledge of their personal preferences from type of vehicle to class of room.
* Well-coordinated scheduling for all facets of one's trip from chauffeured limousine to private jet (when needed) to V.I.P. access to special events and restaurants.
* A personal steward contact ready and willing to serve their needs at a moment's notice.
* A security detail when traveling in dangerous parts of the world.
"What comes through loud and clear is that an executive traveler isn't asking for high-priced services as much as high touch," says Shawn Abaspour, CEO of Vitesse Worldwide. "This alone can turn the hassle of business travel into a pleasant, safe and productive experience. Although they know we can't turn back the clock to a simpler time, we know we can replicate it."
About Vitesse Worldwide
Founded in 1987, Vitesse Worldwide is a global leader in premier executive travel, by land or by air. Specializing in group transportation and transfers between airports, meetings, conventions and special events, Vitesse Worldwide is the service of choice for CEOs and senior executives of Fortune 1000 companies, the diplomatic and entertainment communities, as well as international business travelers. Vitesse Worldwide is proud to carry over 3 million passengers globally each year to 600 cities in 75 countries around the world with a personal touch of refinement, Concierge services and Executive Protection in certain parts of the world, unrivaled by any other company. With opening a West Coast office in September this year, Vitesse Worldwide further extends its presence and now provides the "Vitesse" style of service to the local market for the first time. For more information, visit: www.vitesseworldwide.com.
Carol Bloom Stevens, 914-251-1500, ext. 12