MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Datatrend Technologies will host a special webinar "Cloud Compliance: Chief Security Officer Insights on Adopting the Enterprise Cloud" on Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 10:30-11:30 AM CT, on the viability of cloud adoption for enterprises, with security and compliance insights from special guests Pete Nicoletti, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) with Virtustream, and Justin Van Buren, Cloud Computing and Data Center Marketing Manager with Intel.
- Phil Turner, Director, Enterprise Solutions, Datatrend Technologies, Inc.
- Pete Nicoletti, Chief Information Security Officer, Virtustream
- Justin Van Buren, Cloud and Data Center Marketing Manager - North America, Intel Corporation
Cloud computing and Infrastructure as a Service( IaaS) are enticing enterprises with the promise of new services enablement, plus improved performance, agility, efficiency, availability and total cost of ownership (TCO), among other benefits. Enterprises know that the cloud will change IT, though security and performance are concerns. Each cloud model has potential risks: reliability, adaptability, application compatibility, efficiency, scaling, lock-in, security and compliance.
Mr. Nicoletti, will share industry best practices and risk mitigation techniques around IT security and compliance, helping navigate the secure path to the cloud. Justin Van Buren of Intel will share how Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) provides hardware-based verification to help protect systems from BIOS and firmware attacks, and for use in meeting compliance requirements.
In this session, you'll gain insights on:
- Moving from virtualized environment to private cloud, plus special hybrid model considerations
- How to combat the "Insider Threat": 16 points of vulnerability inherent in cloud provider multi-tenant designs
- Support continuous compliance and transparency for range of compliance frameworks: FedRAMP, FISMA, PCI, NIST, CSA and Open Data Center Alliance Provider Assurance
- How Virtustream xStream' provides deep multi-layered logical/physical security and compliance, to meet the toughest regulatory and industry requirements
- Benefits of xStream' using Î¼VM' technology to deliver enterprise-grade security/compliance, application performance SLAs, all with consumption-based pricing
- Trust your platform from the Silicon on up: Creating Trusted Computing Environments with advanced security management capabilities, including Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) enabling "trusted pools of resources"
Virtustream is a leading cloud innovator offering enterprise class cloud solutions to enterprises, governments and service providers. Virtustream enables businesses to move complex production applications to the cloud - whether private, public or hybrid - while delivering the full economic and business benefits of the cloud. Virtustream offers xStream, cloud management software for private/public/hybrid clouds and also offers the Virtustream Cloud which provides secure, high availability, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to enterprises. Both xStream and the Virtustream Cloud deliver secure, cloud efficiency with performance SLAs for mission critical applications (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and thousands more). Virtustream's solutions are backed by professional services to design, migrate to, and manage clouds. For more information visit www.virtustream.com
Datatrend is partnering with Virtustream as a reseller of their enterprise class cloud solutions, as part of Datatrend's cloud computing solutions for customers.
Intel delivers leading foundational technology that improves your ability to optimize, scale, and better secure your server, network, and storage infrastructure. To find out more, please visithttp://www.intel.com/cloud
Founded in 1987, Datatrend Technologies is a national solutions provider dedicated to helping companies leverage Datatrend's technology expertise and solutions to optimize their IT environments and enhance their business. Datatrend specializes in best-in-class technology services including data center consulting, technology infrastructure solutions such as server and data storage solutions, and network infrastructure services including structured cabling installation and network services project management. Datatrend provides exceptional thought leadership, quality support, and effective solutions, with relentless attention to detail, earning the respect of customers as a trusted advisor on business and technology issues. For more information visit http://www.datatrend.com
SOURCE Datatrend Technologies