MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/20/15 -- Hansen Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: HNSN), a global leader in intravascular robotics, today announced it will exhibit its Magellan™ Robotic System at the 27th Annual International Symposium on Endovascular Therapy (ISET) January 31-February 4 at the Diplomat Hotel in Hollywood, FL. The Company will showcase the new Magellan 6Fr Robotic Catheter and will conduct Magellan Robotic System demonstrations at exhibit booth #305.
During this year's ISET meeting, Hansen Medical anticipates that the Magellan Robotic System will be featured in three scheduled physician presentations and in one live endovascular case, scheduled to be performed by Barry Katzen, MD, Founder and Medical Director of Miami Cardiac and Vascular Institute. The new 6Fr Robotic Catheter will also be highlighted in the event's "New Product Showcase".
The following sessions during ISET will include discussion about intravascular robotics:
January 31, Session V: Cool Tools and Robotics for Endovascular Suites, 1:15-1:30pm
- Fusion Technology and Robotic-Assisted Cases in IR - Constantino S. Peña, MD (Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, Miami, FL)
February 2, Session I: Advances in Carotid Stenting, 5:24-5:33pm
- What is the Potential Role for Robotics in Carotid Intervention? - Barry T. Katzen, MD (Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, Miami, FL)
February 2, Live Case, 1:00pm
- Barry T. Katzen, MD, Live From Baptist Hospital of Miami, Miami, FL
February 3, Session V: Hot Topics in Embolization Therapy, 4:30-4:40pm
- Robotically Guided Fibroid Embolization - Mohamad Hamady, MD (Imperial College, London, UK)
"We are excited to share the latest clinical experiences with our new Magellan 6Fr Robotic Catheter at the ISET meeting, which celebrates its 27th year of bringing together a multi-disciplinary group of interventionalists to focus on acquiring the latest information about interventional medicine and the treatment of vascular disease," said Cary Vance, Hansen Medical's President and Chief Executive Officer. "The 6Fr Catheter has helped to expand the clinical applications for Magellan by enabling physicians and patients to benefit from robotic precision, control and stability during procedures in smaller blood vessels, including those accessed during peripheral embolization procedures."
About the Magellan™ Robotic System
Hansen Medical's Magellan Robotic System is intended to be used to facilitate navigation in the peripheral vasculature and subsequently provide a conduit for manual placement of therapeutic devices. The Magellan Robotic System is designed to deliver predictability, control and catheter stability to endovascular procedures. Since its commercial introduction in the U.S. and Europe, the Magellan Robotic System has demonstrated its clinical versatility in many cases in a broad variety of peripheral vascular procedure types in centers across the U.S. and Europe. The Magellan Robotic System offers several important features including:
- Provides predictability, control and catheter stability as a physician navigates a patient's peripheral vasculature and then provides a conduit for manual treatment of vascular disease with standard therapeutic devices.
- Is designed to enable more predictable procedure times and increased case throughput potentially allowing hospitals to improve utilization within their vascular business line
- Employs an open architecture designed to allow for the subsequent use of many therapeutic devices on the market today.
- Is designed to potentially reduce physician radiation exposure and fatigue by allowing the physician to navigate procedures while seated comfortably at a remote workstation away from the radiation field and without wearing heavy lead as required in conventional endovascular procedures.
- The Magellan 9Fr Robotic Catheter allows for independent, robotic control of the distal tip of two telescoping catheters (an outer Guide and an inner Leader catheter), as well as robotic manipulation of standard guidewires.
- The Magellan 6Fr Robotic Catheter allows for independent robotic control of two separate bend sites on a single catheter, as well as robotic manipulation of standard guidewires. This smaller catheter design may be preferred by certain physicians who prefer a smaller diameter vessel access site, or in procedures in smaller vessels.
About Hansen Medical, Inc.
Hansen Medical, Inc., based in Mountain View, California, is a global leader in Intravascular Robotics, developing products and technology designed to enable the accurate positioning, manipulation and control of catheters and catheter-based technologies. The Company's Magellan™ Robotic System, 9Fr Magellan™ Robotic Catheter, Magellan™ 6Fr Robotic Catheter, and related accessories are intended to facilitate navigation to anatomical targets in the peripheral vasculature and subsequently provide a conduit for manual placement of therapeutic devices. The Company's mission is to enable Cardiac Arrhythmia and Endovascular Procedures and to improve patient outcomes through the use of Intravascular Robotics. Additional information can be found at www.hansenmedical.com.
"Artisan Extend," "Hansen Medical," "Hansen Medical (with Heart Design)," "Heart Design (Logo)," "Sensei," "Lynx," "Artisan," "Instinctive Motion," "Fine Force Technology," "IntelliSense" are registered trademarks, and "Magellan" and "Hansen Medical Magellan" are trademarks of Hansen Medical, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.