CARLSBAD, California and BERLIN, October 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
How can partnering and collaboration break down walls in biotech? What are the latest developments in curing pediatric and orphan diseases? How can digital medicine advance innovative treatments? These and many more industry-relevant questions will be addressed at the 23rd annual BIO-Europe, a global life science partnering event starting on November 6.
This year's conference is also part of Berlin Science Week 2017 , an international gathering that brings people from the world's most innovative scientific institutions together in Berlin, taking place November 1-10 with events all over the city.
Leaders in the life sciences will meet at BIO-Europe to develop partnerships that propel global drug development. High-level executives from pharma, biotech, the investment sector and patient groups are confirmed to attend, and will lead program panels and discussions relevant to the industry.
- Kate Bingham - Managing Partner and EU Deal Team, SV Life Sciences Advisers
- Johnston Erwin - VP, Strategy and Operations, Corporate Business Development, Eli Lilly and Company
- Nicholas Franco - Executive VP and CBO, Actelion
- Zaki Hosny - Senior Advisor, Albright Stonebridge Group
- Oscar Izeboud - Managing Director, NIBC Bank
- Claudia Karnbach - Head, Business Development and Licensing, Specialty Medicine, Pharmaceuticals Division, Bayer
- Richard Mason - Head, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, EMEA
- Ron Newbold - VP, Global Scouting, External R&D Innovation at Pfizer
- Amy Schulman - CEO, Lyndra Inc., Polaris Partners
- Dieter Weinand - Member of the Board of Management and President Pharmaceuticals, Bayer AG
- Breaking down walls: Keeping collaboration at the center of biotech
- Next wave immunotherapy: The future including and beyond checkpoints
- Targeting the microbiome: From scientific evidence to regulatory approval
- The innovation drivers that work
- A day in the life of experienced dealmakers
- Navigating Brexit
Startup Slam: Berlin
Startup Slam is a pitching competition offering emerging entrepreneurs a chance to pitch their innovative technologies to a panel of leading investors, pharma dealmakers, and biotech key opinion leaders.
Digital Medicine Track
Sessions in this emerging field include Big Data solutions, advancing precision medicine via novel digital solutions, SMEs pitching their innovation projects facilitated by PERMIDES EU funding, and the digitization of chronic condition management.
Registration and event information is available online .
Watch video coverage from previous events, interviews with executives and thought leaders in the life science industry and premier content related to the biopharma industry on EBD Group's Partnering Insight
Additional links and information:
Follow BIO-Europe on Twitter: @EBDGroup (hashtag: BioEurope).
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group's partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group's conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europeand BIO-Europe Spring, Europe's largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America' , the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase' , a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton
- Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase , at the intersection of technology and medicine
- BioEquity Europe , the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBioPartnering Forum , the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBioGroup
- Cell & Gene Exchange , a partnering forum focused on the patient community in cell and gene therapy sectors, co-produced with Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM).
EBD Group's sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world. Tune into EBD Group'sPartnering Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com