DUBLIN, Jan. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Stroke Forecast in 19 Major Markets 2018-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides the current incident population for stroke across 19 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Russia, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. In addition to the current incidence, the report provides an overview of the risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease, along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Stroke is a serious cerebrovascular event constituting one of the most common causes of long-term disability and death, and a major burden to public health worldwide. According to WHO, stroke is a clinical syndrome consisting of rapidly developing clinical signs of focal (or global in case of coma) disturbance of cerebral function lasting more than 24 hours or leading to death with no apparent cause other than a vascular origin.
Providing a value-added level of insight, several features of stroke patients, as well as the main types and subtypes of the disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall incidence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities of stroke include:
- Cardiovascular conditions (mainly cardiac arrhythmias and myocardial infarction)
- Venous thromboembolism (DVT, pulmonary embolism)
- Diabetes mellitus
- Urinary tract infections
- Fractures (due to falls caused by physical disability)
Reasons to Buy:
- Ability to quantify patient populations in global stroke market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Further insight into the incidence of the subdivided types of stroke and identification of patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Better understanding of the impact of specific co-morbid conditions on the incident population of stroke patients.
- Identification of stroke patient sub-populations that require treatment.
- Better understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of stroke patients.
Key Topics Covered:
- Cause of the Disease
- Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diagnosis of the Disease
- Variation by Geography/Ethnicity
- Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
- Key Comorbid Conditions / Features Associated With the Disease
- Methodology for Quantification of Patient Numbers
- Top-Line Incidence for Stroke
- Features of Stroke Patients
- Infarction Stroke
- Haemorrhagic Stroke
- Abbreviations Used in the Report
- Other Services & Solutions
- Reports & Publications
- Online Epidemiology Databases
- Online Pharmaceutical Pricing Database
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n7jv2q/stroke_forecast?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716