LONDON, UK / ACCESSWIRE / April 17, 2018 / Active-Investors.com has just released a free research report on Alaska Air Group, Inc. (NYSE: ALK). If you want access to this report all you need to do is sign up now by clicking the following link www.active-investors.com/registration-sg/'symbol=AIR as the Company's latest news hit the wire. On April 13, 2018, the Washington-based airline holding Company shared its March and year-to-date operational results. The Company reported consolidated results for its mainline operations flown by subsidiaries Alaska Airlines Inc. (Alaska) and Virgin America Inc. (Virgin America), and for its regional flying operated by subsidiary Horizon Air Industries Inc. (Horizon) and third-party regional carriers SkyWest Airlines and Peninsula Airlines. Register today and get access to over 1,000 Free Research Reports by joining our site below:
Active-Investors.com is focused on giving you timely information and the inside line on companies that matter to you. This morning, Alaska Air Group most recent news is on our radar and our team decided to put out a fantastic report on the company that is now available for free below:
Alaska Air Group's Consolidated Results
- Alaska Air Group's traffic (indicated by revenue passenger miles or RPM) for the month of March 2018 was 4,654 million, which is an increase of 6.5% from 4,369 million in March 2017.
- The Company's combined capacity (indicated by available seat miles or ASM) was 5,485 million in March 2018, up 7.2% from 5,116 million in March 2017.
- The Company's total passenger load factor decreased 0.5 percentage points to 84.9% in the reported month.
- On a YTD basis, Alaska Air Group's total traffic increased 5.9% on a 7.5% increase in capacity and the load factor decreased 1.2 percentage points to 80.1%.
Results for Mainline Operations
Alaska and Virgin America consolidated their operations onto a Single Operating Certificate (SOC) on January 11, 2018. Therefore, the results for Alaska and Virgin America have been combined into a single mainline operation.
- The total mainline traffic increased 5.4% to 4,256 million on a y-o-y basis, while mainline capacity advanced 6% to 4,985 million on a y-o-y basis in March 2018.
- However, the mainline passenger load factor decreased 0.5 percentage points to 85.4% in March 2018 from 85.9% in March 2017.
- Alaska Air Group reported that 81.9% of its mainline flights arrived on time in March 2018 compared to 75.9% in March 2017.
- On a YTD basis, mainline traffic increased 4.9% on a 6.3% increase in capacity and the load factor decreased 1.1 percentage points to 81.7%.
Results for Regional Operations
Alaska Air Group's regional operations results include combined results of Horizon, SkyWest Airlines, and Peninsula Airlines.
- The regional traffic increased 20.6% on a y-o-y basis to 398 million while regional capacity advanced 21.4% to 500 million on a y-o-y basis in March 2018.
- The regional passenger load factor declined 0.4 percentage points to 79.7% in March 2018 from 80.1% in March 2017.
- Alaska's regional partners reported that 86.7% of its flights arrived on time in March 2018 versus 84.2% in March 2017.
- On a YTD basis, regional traffic increased 18.5% on a 21.9% increase in capacity and the load factor decreased 2.1 percentage points to 75.5%.
Stock Performance Snapshot
April 16, 2018 - At Monday's closing bell, Alaska Air Group's stock climbed 1.97%, ending the trading session at $65.21.
Volume traded for the day: 2.81 million shares, which was above the 3-month average volume of 2.69 million shares.
After yesterday's close, Alaska Air Group's market cap was at $7.58 billion.
Price to Earnings (P/E) ratio was at 10.73.
The stock has a dividend yield of 1.96%.
The stock is part of the Services sector, categorized under the Regional Airlines industry. This sector was up 1.1% at the end of the session.
Active-Investors (A-I) produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and Canadian stocks. A-I has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
A-I has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third-party research service company (the "Reviewer") represented by a credentialed financial analyst [for further information on analyst credentials, please email email@example.com. Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charterholder (the "Sponsor"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. Content is researched, written and reviewed on a reasonable-effort basis. The Reviewer has not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. The Reviewer has only independently reviewed the information provided by the Author according to the procedures outlined by A-I. A-I is not entitled to veto or interfere in the application of such procedures by the third-party research service company to the articles, documents or reports, as the case may be. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author or the Reviewer in any way.
A-I, the Author, and the Reviewer are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. A-I, the Author, and the Reviewer expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, A-I, the Author, and the Reviewer do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither A-I nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://active-investors.com/legal-disclaimer/.
For any questions, inquiries, or comments reach out to us directly. If you're a company we are covering and wish to no longer feature on our coverage list contact us via email and/or phone between 09:30 EDT to 16:00 EDT from Monday to Friday at:
Phone number: 73 29 92 6381
Office Address: 6, Jalan Kia Peng, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.