NEW YORK, Oct. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- White & Case LLP has promoted 41 lawyers around the world to its partnership. The promotions are effective on January 1, 2019 and represent 12 of the Firm's global practices in 15 locations.
"Becoming a partner is the result of many years of dedication and top quality work for our clients," said White & Case Chairman Hugh Verrier. "This year's class is the largest in our history, which illustrates the level of talent we have cultivated within the Firm. As we grow the White & Case partnership through both internal promotions and lateral hires, we are poised to deliver on our 2020 Strategy."
Listed by the regions in which they are based, our new partners are:
- Jessica Chen has been named a partner in our Global Capital Markets Practice. Based in New York, Jessica represents issuers and investment banks in domestic and cross-border registered and exempt securities offerings, block trades and liability management transactions, and advises on securities matters in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Elizabeth (Lisa) Feld has been named a partner in our Global Financial Restructuring and Insolvency Practice. Based in New York, Lisa's practice focuses on representing agent banks, secured and unsecured creditors, hedge funds and companies in connection with chapter 11 reorganizations, financing transactions and out-of-court restructurings.
- Jennifer Glasser has been named a partner in our Global International Arbitration Practice. Based in New York, Jennifer represents clients in institutional and ad hoc arbitrations involving common and civil laws, as well as sovereigns in investor-state disputes. She is experienced in a range of industries, including energy, oil & gas, manufacturing, mining, financial services and technology.
- Michael Hamburger has been named a partner in our Global Antitrust Practice in New York. Michael represents clients in both civil and criminal antitrust matters and has defended numerous companies in multijurisdictional cartel litigation. He advises companies on obtaining antitrust clearance from domestic and foreign regulatory authorities for mergers and acquisitions.
- Seth Kerschner has been named a partner in our Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Based in New York, Seth practices environmental law, assisting clients with environmental aspects of transactions, environmental litigation, climate change matters and environmental regulatory compliance, and advises public and private sector clients, including corporates, governments and nonprofits.
- Anna Kertesz has been named a partner in our Global Antitrust Practice in Washington, DC. Anna's practice focuses on defending clients in proposed and completed mergers before the US Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission, and she has significant experience in the healthcare, food products, oil & gas and technology industries.
- Elizabeth Kirk has been named a partner in our Global Banking Practice in New York.
Elizabeth advises commercial and investment banks, financial institutions, export credit agencies and borrowers on secured and unsecured credit facilities, cross-border acquisition financings and general bank lending across industries, with particular experience in the maritime finance market.
- Karalyn Mildorf has been named a partner in our Global Trade Practice. Based in Washington, DC, Karalyn focuses on CFIUS and National Security matters, including Team Telecom reviews and mitigation of foreign ownership, control or influence (FOCI) under the National Industrial Security Program.
- Thomas Pate has been named a partner in our Global Project Development and Finance Practice. Currently based in Miami, Thomas will relocate to New York where he will continue to play an important role in the Firm's Latin America Group. He focuses on project and bank finance matters in the power, infrastructure, renewable energy and financial services industries.
- Heather Waters Borthwick has been named a partner in our Global Banking Practice. Based in New York, Heather advises financial institutions, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers on domestic and cross-border leveraged acquisition financings, asset-based financings and investment-grade lending transactions.
- Colin West has been named a partner in our Global Commercial Litigation Practice in New York. Colin provides clients with counsel on a range of complex contract and business disputes, bankruptcy-related litigation, litigation involving foreign sovereigns, government investigations and antitrust matters.
- Andrew Zatz has been named a partner in our Global Financial Restructuring and Insolvency Practice in New York. Andrew's experience includes advising clients on bankruptcy law, including representing debtors, creditors and other interested parties in both chapter 11 and out-of-court restructurings.
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- Jonah Anderson has been named a partner in our Global White Collar Practice in London. Jonah has experience conducting internal investigations across the financial services, mining, pharmaceuticals, infrastructure, technology and real estate sectors, and advises clients on investigations by UK authorities including the Serious Fraud Office, HM Revenue and Customs and the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Lucy Bullock has been named a partner in our Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Based in London, Lucy advises private equity houses and their portfolio companies on all aspects of their business, including capital structures, governance, compliance and advisory work.
- Katarzyna Czapracka has been named a partner in our Global Antitrust Practice in Brussels. Katarzyna advises multinational clients on compliance with EU and international merger control rules, with a focus on the technology, telecoms and private equity sectors. She also counsels clients on cartel investigations and abuse of dominance issues, particularly related to the exercise of IP rights.
- Noor Davies has been named a partner in our Global International Arbitration Practice. Based in Paris, Noor represents sovereign entities and corporates in a variety of international arbitration matters, including those brought under ICC, SCC, UNCITRAL and ICSID Rules.
- Nikolay Feoktistov has been named a partner in our Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice in Moscow. Nikolay's practice focuses on M&A transactions and joint ventures, particularly in the telecommunications, energy and food & beverages industries, both in domestic and cross-border corporate transactions.
- Genevra Forwood has been named a partner in our Global Antitrust Practice. Based in Brussels, Genevra advises and litigates on a broad range of EU law, across a number of sectors ranging from energy and manufacturing to pharmaceuticals and chemicals. She counsels clients on matters around state aid proceedings, economic sanctions, public procurement, environmental law and consumer protection.
- Clara Hainsdorf has been named a partner in our Global Intellectual Property Practice in Paris. Clara's practice focuses on intellectual property, online platforms and IT, as well as commercial contracts. She has extensive experience in privacy and data protection and has been involved in multijurisdictional commercial and economic matters involving distribution, supply and manufacturing contracts.
- James Holden has been named a partner in our Global International Arbitration Practice in London. James provides counsel to clients in sectors including energy, infrastructure, industrials and finance. He has experience in ICC and LCIA arbitrations, as well as in the English High Court.
- Monica Holden has been named a partner in our Global Capital Markets Practice in London. Monica's practice focuses on advising investment banks and issuers on both public and private equity and debt offerings, including IPOs, secondary equity offerings and high yield bond transactions.
- Laura Hoyland has been named a partner in our Global Tax Practice in London. Laura advises corporate and individual clients and family offices on direct and indirect tax aspects of financing and corporate transactions including capital markets, securitizations, bank finance, asset and share transfers and restructurings.
- Tomáš Jíne has been named a partner in our Global Banking Practice. Based in Prague, Tomáš's practice covers a range of areas, with a particular focus on cross-border leveraged finance, restructurings and derivatives transactions.
- Hyder Jumabhoy has been named a partner in our Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Based in London, Hyder has advised a range of corporates in the financial sector on matters such as cross-border mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and business integrations.
- Luka Kristovic Blazevic has been named a partner in our Global International Arbitration Practice. Currently based in Dubai, Luka will relocate to Riyadh. He focuses on complex international construction disputes that have been conducted under the auspices of the ICC, LCIA and ICSID.
- Helen Levendi has been named a partner in our Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Based in London, Helen is a member of the Employment, Compensation & Benefits Group, where she focuses on private equity funds and companies in the technology sector, counseling them on contracts, executive service agreements, secondment arrangements, board appointments and more.
- Richard Lloydhas been named a partner in our Global Banking Practice. Based in London, Richard advises on domestic and cross-border finance transactions, including leveraged acquisition finance, bank lending and financial restructuring. He also works on trade and receivables finance, structured finance and securitizations.
- Sylvia Lorenz has been named a partner in our Global Intellectual Property Practice. Currently based in Hamburg, Sylvia will relocate to Berlin. She advises companies on IP, IT and privacy law in relation to domestic and cross-border matters. She has a particular focus on advising online platforms on regulatory, privacy, IP and consumer protection laws, as well as on commercial contracts.
- Tom Matthews has been named a partner in our Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice in London. Tom's practice focuses on public mergers and acquisitions, listed company advisory and equity capital markets work, advising corporates, financial institutions and private equity sponsors on a range of activities, including corporate governance, primary and secondary equity capital raisings, activist strategies and post-IPO sell-downs.
- Alexandre Mazuranic has been named a partner in our Global International Arbitration Practice. Based in Geneva, Alexandre advises clients on disputes in construction and engineering, commodities trading and the pharmaceuticals industry. He has represented clients before the Swiss Supreme Court in proceedings related to arbitral awards.
- Michael Mountain has been named a partner in our Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Based in London, Michael advises clients on a broad range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, disposals, joint ventures, corporate finance and equity capital markets.
- Heather Rees has been named a partner in our Global Capital Markets Practice. Based in London, Heather focuses on corporate trustee representation, and she has experience in debt capital markets representing issuers, underwriters and trustees in a variety of securities transactions, including Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings.
- Yasser Riad has been named a partner in our Global Project Development and Finance Practice. Based in Abu Dhabi, Yasser advises sponsors, lenders and other stakeholders on project finance, infrastructure, transportation and power transactions in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
- John Rogerson has been named a partner in our Global Commercial Litigation Practice. Based in London, John's practice focuses on commercial litigation before the English Courts as well as in offshore jurisdictions. John regularly advises clients in connection with judicial proceedings brought in support of arbitrations.
- Tine Schauenburg has been named a partner in our Global White Collar Practice. Based in Berlin, Tine advises businesses and their executives in connection with investigative proceedings and official investigations, including those where businesses have suffered damage caused by their own personnel or third parties.
- Shameer Shah has been named a partner in our Global Banking Practice in London. Shameer's practice focuses on advising alternative capital providers, financial institutions, private equity sponsors and corporates on cross-border financings across a range of capital structures, with a particular focus on acquisition and leveraged finance transactions.
- Christian Theissen has been named a partner in our Global International Arbitration Practice in Frankfurt. Christian advises on disputes relating to supply contracts, liability issues, post-M&A matters and sports law.
- Max Turner has been named a partner in our Global Capital Markets Practice. Based in Paris, Max advises global corporations and financial institutions on matters of US law, particularly with regard to equity and debt issuance, Rule 144A offerings, private placements in the United States and matters related to SEC regulation.
- Florian Ziegler has been named a partner in our Global Banking Practice. Based in Frankfurt, Florian focuses on leveraged acquisition finance and investment-grade loans, and has a broad range of experience with real estate and ship financing, as well as restructurings.
- Andrew Bishop has been named a partner in our Global Banking Practice. Based in Hong Kong, Andrew's primary focus is advising private equity sponsors, their portfolio companies and other borrowers. He also advises financiers and other investors on leveraged acquisition finance, take-private finance, refinancings and restructurings, debt buybacks and other financings.
- Jessica Zhou has been named a partner in our Global Capital Markets Practice. Based in Hong Kong, Jessica represents issuers and underwriters in Rule 144A and Regulation S transactions, as well as SEC-registered debt and equity offerings. She advises on international financings, including high-yield, acquisition finance, transportation finance, pre-IPO investments and restructurings.
Media Relations Director
Senior Media Relations Manager
T: +1 646 885 2154
T: +44 207 532 2670
Logo - https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/641229/White_and_Case_Logo.jpg