SAN FRANCISCO, March 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global kidney function tests market size is expected to reach USD 1.25 billion by 2028 registering a CAGR of 6.2% from 2021 to 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The introduction of innovative products, increasing R&D investments, and growing prevalence of kidney diseases are expected to propel market growth over the forecast period. Key players operating in the market are involved in extensive R&D initiatives for the development and launch of novel products to strengthen their position in the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Clearance test emerged as the largest product segment as it is the gold standard for monitoring and measurement of glomerular filtration rate
- Increased risk of diabetes and blood pressure due to the unhealthy lifestyle, especially during Covid-19 lockdowns, may lead to the high prevalence of CKD. Thus, creating high product demand in the near future
- The hospitals end-use segment dominated the market in 2020 owing to the rising awareness about CKD and increasing hospital visits for its management
- Diagnostic laboratories is estimated to be the fastest-growing end-use segment from 2021 to 2028 as these laboratories offer cost-effective services and fast & accurate results
- North America led the market with the largest revenue share in 2020 due to well-established healthcare infrastructure, favorable reimbursement scenario, and the presence of major players in the region
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the increasing incidence of CKD in emerging countries, such as China and India
Read 110 page research report with ToC on "Kidney Function Tests Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Clearance Tests, Urine Tests), By End Use (Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Research Laboratories And Institutes), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028' at :https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/kidney-function-tests-market
For instance, in August 2020, RenalytixAI, a U.K.-based in vitro diagnostics company, submitted a 510(k) application to the FDA for its new KidneyIntelX assay. It is an Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enabled clinical diagnostic test designed to diagnose and enhance the clinical management of Type II diabetes patients with fast-progressing kidney disease. The emergence of such technologically advanced products is expected to impel market growth during the study period.
According to the data published by the CDC, in 2019, an estimated 15% of adults in the U.S. had Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). The same source also stated that diabetes and high blood pressure are the major causes of CKD in adults, and CKD is more common in people aged 65 years or older. However, the low diagnosis rate of CKD is anticipated to be a major factor hampering the market growth. As per the data published by the National Kidney Foundation, approximately 90% of people suffering from CKD are not aware of it, leading to a limited number of diagnoses.
Grand View Research has segmented the global kidney function tests market on the basis of product, end-use, and region:
- Kidney Function Tests Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Clearance Tests
- Urine Tests
- Blood Tests
- Dilution and Concentration Tests
- Other Tests
- Kidney Function Tests End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Laboratories and Institutes
- Kidney Function Tests Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Kidney Function Tests Market
- Abbott Laboratories
- Danaher Corporation (Beckman Coulter, Inc.)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Sysmex Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
- Randox Laboratories
- Quest Diagnostics
- Acon Laboratories
- Nova Biomedical
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LabCorp)
Find more research reports on Clinical Diagnostics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Intravenous Iron Drugs Market - The global intravenous iron drugs market size was estimated at USD 1.63 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period.
- Inulin Market - The global inulin market is expected to witness growth due to increasing ease of incorporation of prebiotic ingredients in the food & beverage industry.
- Primary Care POC Diagnostics Market - The global primary care POC diagnostics market size was estimated at USD 6.3 billion in 2016.
\Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter