CHICAGO, March 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- The ultrasound probe disinfection industry is expected to experience steady growth in the near future due to the increased use of ultrasound technology in the medical field. The need for efficient and effective disinfection of ultrasound probes has become increasingly important due to the spread of healthcare-associated infections. As a result, there is an increasing demand for efficient and cost-effective disinfection solutions. Companies in the ultrasound probe disinfection industry are expected to invest in research and development to develop more advanced, automated, and cost-effective solutions. Additionally, technological advancements, such as the use of artificial intelligence and robotics, are expected to drive the growth of the industry in the near future. Furthermore, rising awareness about the importance of disinfection and stringent regulations are expected to drive the growth of the ultrasound probe disinfection industry.
Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market in terms of revenue was estimated to be worth $501 million in 2022 and is poised to reach $936 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 13.3% from 2022 to 2027 according to a new report by MarketsandMarkets. The ultrasound probe disinfection market is mainly driven by factors such as rising incidence of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs), growing volume of ultrasound procedures performed, and the increasing need for the high-level disinfection of ultrasound probes after each patient use. However, the lack of guidelines and low awareness about the high-level disinfection of semi-critical ultrasound probes are restraining the growth of this market.
Download an Illustrative overview: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=106309326
Browse in-depth TOC on "Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market"
280 - Tables
53 - Figures
290 - Pages
Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market Scope:
Market Revenue in 2022
Estimated Value by 2027
Poised to grow at a CAGR of 13.3%
Market Size Available for
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
By product, by process, type of probe and by end user
North America (US and Canada), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and RoE, Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia and RoAPAC), Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa
Updated financial information / product portfolio of players
Key Market Opportunities
Increasing birth rates/ number of pregnancies
Key Market Drivers
Increasing number of ultrasound imaging procedures
The consumables segment is expected to holds the largest market share during the forecast period.
On the basis of product, the ultrasound probe disinfection market is segmented into instruments, services, and consumables. The consumables segment is expected to holds the largest share of the global ultrasound probe disinfection market during forecast period. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the repeat purchase of disinfectants for ultrasound probes.
The high-level disinfection segment is expected to account for the largest share of the Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market in 2022.
On the basis of process, the ultrasound probe disinfection market is segmented into high-level disinfection and intermediate/low-level disinfection processes. In 2022, the high-level disinfection segment is expected to account for the largest share of the ultrasound probe disinfection market. The increasing demand for high-level disinfection of semi-critical ultrasound probes and heat-sensitive probes and the high capability of high-level disinfectants to suppress the growth of pathogenic organisms are the major factors driving the adoption of the high-level disinfection process for ultrasound probes.
North America accounted for the largest share for players operating in the ultrasound probe disinfection market in 2021
On the basis of region, the ultrasound probe disinfection market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for the largest share of the ultrasound probe disinfection market in 2021. Factors such as growing quantity of transvaginal, transrectal, abdominal, and intraoperative ultrasound procedures, as well as transesophageal echocardiography and ultrasound-guided interventional procedures (biopsies and venous access), and the presence of leading market players in the region are driving the growth of this segment.
Request for FREE Sample Pages: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=106309326
Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market Dynamics:
- Increasing number of ultrasound imaging procedures
- Rising incidence of hospital-acquired infections due to the improper reprocessing of ultrasound probes
- Increasing adoption of automated high-level disinfection systems for critical and semi-critical ultrasound probes
- Government regulations and guidelines in developed markets
- Technological advancements in ultrasound probes
- High cost of automated probe reprocessors
- Reluctance to shift from manual disinfection methods to automated probe reprocessors
- Increasing birth rates/number of pregnancies
- High growth opportunities in emerging countries
- Lack of knowledge about probe reprocessing
- Inadequate cleaning and disinfection of probes
Key Market Players:
The ultrasound probe disinfection market is consolidated. Some of the major players operating in this market include Nanosonics (Australia), Tristel plc (UK), STERIS plc (US), Ecolab (US), Advanced Sterilization Products (US), Metrex Research, LLC. (US), CIVCO Medical Solutions (US), CS Medical LLC (US), Virox (Canada), Germitec (France), Schülke & Mayr GmbH (Germany), Parker Laboratories, Inc.(US).
Get 10% Free Customization on this Report: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestCustomizationNew.asp?id=106309326
- In September 2022, Tristel Plc collaborated with Parker Laboratories. Under this collaboration, Parker will manufacture and distribute Tristel DUO, a disinfecting foam approved for the cleaning and disinfection of general medical surfaces, including ultrasound transducers, in the US markets.
- In March 2021, Metrex Research, LLC announced a strategic partnership with the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) to reduce the risk of infection.
- In June 2021, STERIS plc. acquired Cantel Medical Corporation, a leading player in the infection control market for endoscopy, dental, dialysis, and life sciences services. This acquisition increased the share of STERIS in the infection control and ultrasound probe disinfection markets.
- In February 2020, GAMA Healthcare Ltd. partnered with Cardiff University. The partnership helped GAMA Healthcare in the R&D of innovative disinfection solutions. GAMA Healthcare provided funding of USD 687,827.50(GBP 500,000) to the University for procuring innovative solutions.
Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market Advantages:
- Enhances the safety of patient care: Ultrasound probe disinfection products help to reduce the risk of cross-contamination between patients, which is an important element of patient safety.
- Enhances the reliability of ultrasound images: As ultrasound probes are an integral part of the imaging process, proper disinfection helps to ensure quality images.
- Reduces costs: With increased safety and reliable images, healthcare facilities are able to reduce costs associated with ultrasound imaging procedures.
- Minimizes staff time: Automated ultrasound probe disinfection products minimize the amount of staff time required for manual cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Improves patient experience: By providing a safer, more reliable imaging experience, ultrasound probe disinfection products help to improve the overall patient experience.
Medical Device Cleaning Market - Global Forecasts to 2027
Sterilization Equipment Market - Global Forecasts to 2027
Infection Control Market - Global Forecasts to 2027
Surface Disinfectant Market - Global Forecasts to 2026
Ultrasound Market - Global Forecasts to 2026
MarketsandMarkets is a blue ocean alternative in growth consulting and program management, leveraging a man-machine offering to drive supernormal growth for progressive organizations in the B2B space. We have the widest lens on emerging technologies, making us proficient in co-creating supernormal growth for clients.
The B2B economy is witnessing the emergence of $25 trillion of new revenue streams that are substituting existing revenue streams in this decade alone. We work with clients on growth programs, helping them monetize this $25 trillion opportunity through our service lines - TAM Expansion, Go-to-Market (GTM) Strategy to Execution, Market Share Gain, Account Enablement, and Thought Leadership Marketing.
Built on the 'GIVE Growth' principle, we work with several Forbes Global 2000 B2B companies - helping them stay relevant in a disruptive ecosystem. Our insights and strategies are molded by our industry experts, cutting-edge AI-powered Market Intelligence Cloud, and years of research. The KnowledgeStore (our Market Intelligence Cloud) integrates our research, facilitates an analysis of interconnections through a set of applications, helping clients look at the entire ecosystem and understand the revenue shifts happening in their industry.
To find out more, visit www.MarketsandMarkets.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Mr. Aashish Mehra
630 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
Research Insight: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/ResearchInsight/ultrasound-probe-disinfection-market.asp
Visit Our Website: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/
Content Source: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/ultrasound-probe-disinfection.asp
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/ultrasound-probe-disinfection-market-worth-936-million--marketsandmarkets-301774828.html