AUGUSTA, GA / ACCESSWIRE / May 31, 2023 / PureCycle Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:PCT), today, announced that it has received approval from the Development Authority of Augusta, GA (AEDA) to proceed to closing on the project site in Augusta, Georgia. This will allow PureCycle to begin development activities for its polypropylene purification facility. The AEDA approval confirms and preserves financial and tax incentives offered for the development.
PureCycle CEO Dustin Olson commented, "We're excited for PureCycle to expand and Augusta is the perfect home for our second purification complex. This approval is the result of several months of hard work to secure the funding required for at least one purification line and close collaboration with the local community." He added, "PureCycle is extremely grateful to the AEDA for their ongoing support to help bring PureCycle's sustainable solution to the world."
Located at the Augusta Corporate Park, PureCycle's Augusta facility will begin as a single-line facility with the capability of expanding to eight total purification lines. Fully completed, these eight purification lines are expected to produce approximately one billion pounds of PureCycle's ultra-pure recycled (UPR) resin.
PureCycle CFO Larry Somma added, "Financing the Augusta project has been an ongoing process and we're very proud to have secured the necessary funding for the first line and we're already working on finalizing the financing for the second line. We're thankful to our investors for their continued financial support to help bring us to this point."
Preparation for the modular construction of the Augusta project has already begun and equipment has started to arrive onsite at Gulfspan's Beaumont, Texas facilities.
The Augusta project is the first step in PureCycle's global expansion plan as the company seeks to use their innovative purification technology to improve the circularity of polypropylene plastic.
+1 (352) 745-6120
About PureCycle Technologies
PureCycle Technologies LLC., a subsidiary of PureCycle Technologies, Inc., holds a global license for the only patented solvent-driven purification recycling technology, developed by The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), that is designed to transform polypropylene plastic waste (designated as No. 5 plastic) into a continuously renewable resource. The unique purification process removes color, odor, and other impurities from No. 5 plastic waste resulting in an ultra-pure recycled (UPR) plastic that can be recycled and reused multiple times, changing our relationship with plastic. www.purecycle.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements about the financial condition, results of operations, earnings outlook and prospects of PCT. In addition, any statements that refer to projections, forecasts or other characterizations of future events or circumstances, including any underlying assumptions, are forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements are typically identified by words such as "plan," "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "intend," "outlook," "estimate," "forecast," "project," "continue," "could," "may," "might," "possible," "potential," "predict," "should," "would" and other similar words and expressions, but the absence of these words does not mean that a statement is not forward-looking.
The forward-looking statements are based on the current expectations of the management of PCT and are inherently subject to uncertainties and changes in circumstances and their potential effects and speak only as of the date of this press release. There can be no assurance that future developments will be those that have been anticipated. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other assumptions that may cause actual results or performance to be materially different from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those factors described in the section of PCT's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2022, entitled "Risk Factors," those discussed and identified in public filings made with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") by PCT (including PCT's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the current quarterly period) and the following:
- PCT's ability to obtain funding for its operations and future growth and to continue as a going concern;
- PCT's ability to meet, and to continue to meet, applicable regulatory requirements for the use of PCT's UPR resin (as defined below) in food grade applications (both in the United States, Europe and internationally);
- PCT's ability to comply on an ongoing basis with the numerous regulatory requirements applicable to the UPR resin and PCT's facilities (both in the United States, Europe and internationally);
- Expectations and changes regarding PCT's strategies and future financial performance, including its future business plans, expansion plans or objectives, prospective performance and opportunities and competitors, revenues, products and services, pricing, operating expenses, market trends, liquidity, cash flows and uses of cash, capital expenditures, and PCT's ability to invest in growth initiatives;
- PCT's ability to scale and build its first commercial-scale recycling facility in Lawrence County, Ohio (the "Ironton Facility") in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- PCT's ability to complete the necessary funding with respect to, and complete the construction of, (i) its first U.S. multi-line facility, located in Augusta, Georgia (the "Augusta Facility"); (ii) its first commercial-scale European plant located in Antwerp, Belgium and (iii) its first commercial-scale Asian plant located in Ulsan, South Korea, in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- PCT's ability to sort and process polypropylene plastic waste at its plastic waste prep ("Feed PreP") facilities;
- PCT's ability to maintain exclusivity under the Procter & Gamble Company ("P&G") license (as described below);
- the implementation, market acceptance and success of PCT's business model and growth strategy;
- the success or profitability of PCT's offtake arrangements;
- the ability to source feedstock with a high polypropylene content at a reasonable cost;
- PCT's future capital requirements and sources and uses of cash;
- developments and projections relating to PCT's competitors and industry;
- the outcome of any legal or regulatory proceedings to which PCT is, or may become, a party including the securities class action case;
- geopolitical risk and changes in applicable laws or regulations;
- the possibility that PCT may be adversely affected by other economic, business, and/or competitive factors, including rising interest rates, availability of capital, economic cycles, and other macro-economic impacts;
- turnover or increases in employees and employee-related costs;
- changes in the prices and availability of labor (including labor shortages), transportation and materials, including significant inflation, supply chain conditions and its related impact on energy and raw materials, and PureCycle's ability to obtain them in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- any business disruptions due to political or economic instability, pandemics, armed hostilities (including the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine);
- the potential impact of climate change on the company, including physical and transition risks, higher regulatory and compliance costs, reputational risks, and availability of capital on attractive terms;
- operational risk; and
- the risk that the COVID-19 pandemic ("COVID-19"), including any new and emerging variants and the efficacy and distribution of vaccines may have an adverse effect on PCT's business operations, as well as PCT's financial condition and results of operations.
Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize or should any of the assumptions made by the management of PCT prove incorrect, actual results may vary in material respects from those projected in these forward-looking statements.
All subsequent written and oral forward-looking statements or other matters attributable to PCT or any person acting on their behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by the cautionary statements contained or referred to in this press release. Except to the extent required by applicable law or regulation, PCT undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this press release or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
SOURCE: PureCycle Technologies, Inc.View source version on accesswire.com: